I found this tag on Luchessa’s blog and really enjoyed her answers to all the questions. I always think it’s fun to get to know the people behind the blogs I read better, and this is the first one I have come across that specifically focuses on beauty. So, even though this is by no mean a strict beauty blog, I decided to go ahead and do it myself too. Let me know if you like it!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight? Completely straight. Although I did have a perm for a year when I was 18. That’s not happening again…
2. What’s your natural hair color? A boring light brown.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? I normally just dye it at home. But this last time, when I went blond for the first time ever, I definitely went to a salon!
4. Do you wear the same style every day or do you change it? No, I get bored easily. I normally stick to the same everyday makeup, but I love changing the colors of my eye shadow and lipstick when I go out. And I’m always looking for new styles when I shop for clothes.
5. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon? I definitely do it myself (though I don’t get around to doing my toes that often). It’s a fun hobby, and that way I can change out my colors and designs often without paying for it.
6. How often do you change your nail polish? It depends on my mood. Sometimes I do it three times a week, while at other times I don’t wear anything but a top coat for a week. I do try to remove it as soon as it starts chipping, though.
7. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer? I really don’t think about the season when I do it – I like bright colors all year round. But I do think it’s more fun when it’s warm enough out to wear open toed heels or sandals.
8. How long does it take for you to put on your makeup? I think it normally takes me about half an hour, but if I’m in a hurry I will throw it on in about 15 minutes. Oh, and if I’m going out I might have a glass of wine and take a whole hour to get it just right.
9. What do you do first, face or eyes? I always do my face first. I start with a concealer and a light powder before moving on to blush and bronzer. Then I do my eye shadow, eyelashes, and at last my lips.
10. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it? I mostly buy it when I need it – which means when I run out of one of my favorites – but I always love trying new eye shadows and lipsticks. Luckily I have a friend who always gets me stuff she bought on sale or that she didn’t like after all, haha. So I still have way too much makeup! Btw, this doesn’t apply to nail polishes. I definitely collect those!
11. How often do you wear false eye lashes? Very rarely. I used to put them on a couple times a month when I went out, because I loved the way they look, but they are such a hassle to put on (I’m not very patient). And after I found my two favorite Clinique mascaras I’ve just about given them up all together.
12. Do you do a full face of makeup every day? I’ve always been a little self-conscious about leaving the house without makeup, so I normally put it all on before going anywhere. The exceptions are when I have a nice tan during the summer (because it makes my skin look better) or if I’m lazy and I’m just going on a quick trip to the grocery store or something.
13. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone, or with family? Nope, not normally. I might put on a quick coat of mascara just because I like it.
14. Will you leave the house without makeup? Look at question 12, haha.
15. How many high-end products do you have? Hardly any. I don’t think a brand name automatically makes a product better, and I have a limited budget so I have to find things in my prize range. However, I don’t mind paying a little extra for really good skin care products!
16. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed? I normally decide when I’m getting dressed (which is why it might take quite a while and drive Andy crazy), but I normally have some idea of what kind of style I want to go for ahead of time.
17. How often do you change your handbag? I actually don’t use bags very often. I have a neck injury from grappling and the strap of a purse normally gives me a headache after a couple hours. So I only have one favorite purse, but I try to keep it as light as possible.
18. What time do you get up and go to sleep? Weeeell… I am absolutely horrible at getting to bet at a reasonable time! I’m a night owl and I tend to be so much more productive after 10 pm. So it’s not unusual to see me doing the dishes after midnight, or reading a book in bed hours after I should be asleep. And consequently I’m not great at getting up in the morning.
19. How often or when do you work out? I was really great for a month and a half in November when I worked out 3-4 times a week, but after Christmas I’ve just lost my motivation. However, when I get back from spring break I’ve promised myself to use my elliptical at least three times a week.
20. Left-handed or right-handed? Right-handed.
21. How tall are you? I’m 5’7, but you’ll often see me on heels that make me almost 6 feet tall. It’s a good thing that Andy is 6’2!
22. Do you speak a foreign language? English IS a foreign language for me, since I grew up speaking Norwegian. So that would be a yes.
23. How many pets do you have? I grew up with dogs, but I haven’t had one of my own since I moved out almost 6 years ago.
24. How often are you on blogger (or your other blog platform)? I check WordPress several times a day when I’m not traveling. The same goes for a lot of other social media – it’s a bad habit of mine. But I hardly watch any tv at all!
25. Do you read comments posted on blogs? I read every comment on my own and most comments on my favorite blogs. I love the social aspect of blogging.
26. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts? Some times. I have a bookmark folder named “wishlist” and I save links to things that I really love there.
27. How did you come up with your blog name? Well, my blog name is just my actual name. That’s because my blog started out just being for my family and friends back in Norway. Now I really need to come up with some sort of tagline, but I have no idea what it should be!
28. What kind of camera do you use for photographs? I have a Canon Rebel that I’ll be changing in soon. I love it, but it’s getting kind of slow, and since it’s not in production any more (and can’t be fixed) they have decided to give me a whole new Canon camera. I don’t remember what the name of it was, though. I’ve also bought a new and smaller travel camera, the Olympus Tough, which I really love. It takes underwater pictures, does great in low lighting, and can be safely dropped from 2 meters. But it’s no DSLR.
29. How often do you clean your house? Not often enough? Haha. A few times a week, I think. Whenever it’s necessary.
30. What is your favorite color? Red and blue. But when it comes to clothes I also love black, burgundy, white, and dark green.
31. Do you swear? Yes, when I’m very annoyed. Though almost only when I’m at home or in private. I should probably work on that, because I hate hearing other people swear…
32. What are you doing with the rest of your day? It depends on what mood I’m in. I might do my nails, read blogs, watch a favorite tv show, cook, read a book, or work out.